New York Times Shares Client’s Commercial Real Estate InsightsFeb 25 2016 · 0 comments · News & Media
Recently, the commercial real estate insights of client John C. Kim, principal at Miren.co, were tapped by the New York Times after having read the thought leadership we strategically crafted with him for TechCrunch.
We’re ecstatic for John, as his level of expertise gets the recognition it deserves, and we’re happy to have helped with his media training and relations through this project’s life-cycle.
John’s engagement with the NYT helps demonstrate the power of truly strategic marketing and public relations. The thought leadership we recommended for this client was specifically aimed at grabbing their market’s available brand position at the nexus of creative, startup, and commercial real estate industries. We then worked with the client to come up with substantive, potentially viral, and search engine-friendly content that would be worthy of a major media outlet’s time and space. Shortly thereafter, TechCrunch, perhaps the absolute best place our client’s expertise could land, showed interest, and we worked with them through to successful publication.
That thought leadership piece resulted in the following significant benefits to the client:
- A ~10X increase in website visitors and ~3x increase in leads due to major SEO benefits:
- John’s TechCrunch op-ed is ranked #1-2 in Google searches for terms like “lease creative office space.”
- Heavy’ external links to Miren.Co’s website.
- Thought leadership cascade effect:
- As demonstrated in the NYT article mentioned above, after having invested a lot of work into substantively demonstrating a client’s expertise in a major media outlet, other media outlets naturally find, recognize, and seek out that expertise when needed.
- Branding and conversion effects:
- Between a number of online signals, some bolstered by the legitimacy of media outlet brands, this client can now be confidently identified as THE creative commercial real estate expert in Los Angeles.
- Being validated and popularized by major media helps increase sales conversion rates due to increased trust.
If you or your organization need help with marketing and/or public relations strategy and execution, particularly in high stakes environments, please feel free to…